Parent Links :
- Born to Read: How to Raise a Reader - "The joy of sharing books is a gift you can give children from the time they are born. Chanting nursery rhymes, singing songs, and reading stories can comfort and entertain even the youngest child. Listening to language lays the ground work for reading."
- California Reading List (CRL) - "Based on your child's score on the (CAT/6) California Achievement Tests, Sixth Edition Survey Reading Test, a specific list has been designated as appropriate for him or her in terms of reading difficulty and interest level."
- Children's Nutrition Collection - "In response to the growing rates of obesity and lifestyle related chronic disease in children across the U.S., the Children’s Nutrition Collection (CNC) was funded as a pilot project of the North Bay Cooperative Library System, to serve as a simple and creative way to support local nutrition literacy for children."
- The Family Education Network - Parenting advice, child development, and family reference.
- KidsHealth - For Parents - Find answers to your child or teens health questions as well as your own.
- Kidspace - Teachers & Parents' Corner - "Resources for parents & teachers to use in helping their kids to learn...Art, music and museum resources for parents and teachers, computers, lesson planning, math and science resources, reading, sports and recreation..."
- Math and Reading Help - "The purpose of this website is to help parents find the appropriate learning resources to help their children improve academic skills, study habits, and their overall attitudes toward learning."
- Pregnancy & parenting tips- iVillage.com offers parenting information for parents of toddlers and older children.
- Parenting.com - Online version of the magazine Parenting.
- Ready To Read, Ready To Succeed. An extensive list of books which children can read to help improve their reading skills. Compiled by Pepperdine University professor of education Cynthia Dollins.
- The Whole Family Center - "Real families, real issues, real solutions...Strengthen your personal and family relationships and solve the most challenging issues facing you and your family today."
Last updated: 6/23/2011 10:07:59 AM