|Emergency Drought Response: With California facing its 4th year of drought, Governor Brown issued Executive Order B-29-15on April 1, 2015 which authorized the State Water Resources Control Board to establish state wide regulations. The City of Glendora is required to reduce water consumption by 36%. The City of Glendora must comply with the regulations and State Law or will be subject to fines of up to $10,000 per day. To learn more about the regulations established, please click on the following links:|
Water Wasting: Please contact the Water Division at (626) 852-4838 to report excess water runoff or outdoor irrigation operating after 8AM and before 5PM. Water waste or concerns can also be made through the City Online Reporting page. Service and water main leaks can be reported to the City of Glendora Water Division at (626) 914-8246. After hours, leaks may be reported to the City of Glendora Police Department at (626) 914-8250.
Stay Connected: Get updates direct from the City via email or social media. Click the links below to stay connected;
Here are water conservation techniques that will help us all reduce water consumption:
- Use full loads in the washing machine and dishwasher.
- Take shorter showers. Cutting time by two minutes can save 9 gallons.
- Install low-flow showerheads and toilets. (available at local hardware stores)
- Repair dripping faucets. A small leak can waste a lot of water.
- When brushing your teeth or shaving, turn off the faucet.
- Water the lawn only when necessary.
- Install a programmable irrigation system.
- Water only when it is cool outside, early morning or evening is best.
- Do not wash down driveways and sidewalks, please use a broom.
- When landscaping, use drought tolerant plants.
- Check for leaks and when found, repair quickly.
The City of Glendora promotes the efficient and responsible use of water for the benefit of our community and environment. Please click here for additional information regarding water conservation practices.