Located at 1950 Auto Center Drive, Walmart has existed at this location since 1993. On February 22, 2011, the City Council approved entitlements to allow the addition of 30,000 square feet of commercial/retail space. The expansion allows for new floor area to be dedicated to the sale of groceries while also expanding storage space for employees and business operations.
In addition to increasing the size of the sales floor area, the expansion benefits the community by providing for substantial improvements to an existing business. The expansion includes a significant façade remodel, the resurfacing and restriping of drive aisles and parking stalls for greater vehicular accessibility, and improved landscaping throughout the site. These improvements will continue to encourage pedestrian activity at the project site as well as encourage pedestrian activity for surrounding businesses.
The goal of this web page is to provide the public with a way to access the latest happenings occurring with the development and to answer questions about the development. We encourage interested persons to contact the Planning Department directly if you have any questions or concerns.
Recent Project Approvals
- The Planning Commission recommended approval to the City Council on December 21, 2010 and the City Council approved the project on February 22, 2011 (Project Nos. DPR09-01 and CUP08-09).
- Building permits were issued for construction of the 30,000 square foot expansion and related tenant improvements on May 2, 2014.
Significant Activity and Schedule
- As of February 2015, construction activities to complete the expansion continue. Completion date for construction activities is anticipated by summer.
- Glendora Planning Department > Kristen Johnston, Assistant Planner (626) 914-8213 or email@example.com
- Glendora Public Works Department > Jerry Burke, City Engineer (626) 914-8246 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contractor > J.E. Grant General Contractor (760) 438-7500