The Avalon Bay mixed-use project consists of 256 apartment units and about 4,000 square feet of retail space. The apartments range in size from 1 bed / 1 bath units of about 700 square feet up to 3 bed / 2 bath units of about 1,300 square feet. On-site amenities for residents will include a fitness center, dog park, tot lot, swimming pool, and three landscaped courtyards. The retail space will be located along Glendora Avenue and will include multiple businesses to serve the surrounding neighborhood and community.
The project will benefit the surrounding area by redeveloping vacant and under-utilized properties and by bringing additional residents into the area to support local businesses. Residents of the project will benefit from its ideal location in proximity to businesses along Route 66 and the Downtown Village. The project is also located in proximity to the future Metro Gold Line station, which will provide residents with convenient transit access. This project will further the vision of the Route 66 Corridor Specific Plan to bring additional housing to the Route 66 corridor.
The goal of this web page is to provide the public with a way to access the latest happenings occurring with the development and to answer questions about the development. We encourage interested persons to contact the Planning Department directly if you have any questions or concerns.
Recent Project Approvals
- Project approved by City Council on February 26, 2013
- Lot merger to consolidate multiple properties into one approved on September 19, 2013
- Precise grading permit issued on January 27, 2014
- Building permit for parking structure issued on December 9, 2013
- Rough grading permit issued on October 16, 2013
- Demolition permits to remove existing structures issued on October 4, 2013
Significant Activity and Schedule
- Rough grading of the site started on October 21, 2013 in conjunction with phased demolition of buildings and soil remediation; City staff is continuously monitoring the project for dust control and compliance with all conditions of approval
- Construction of the parking garage started in January 2014
- Traffic-related and other public infrastructure improvements started in January 2014
- Project completion is expected by August 2015
- Glendora Planning Department > Sean McPherson, Assistant Planner (626) 914-8214 or email@example.com
- Glendora Public Works Department > Jerry Burke, City Engineer (626) 914-8246 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Construction Related Issues > Avalon Bay Communities - Sean Harper, Project Manager (949) 955-6237 or email@example.com
- Developer > Avalon Bay Communities - Tom Guiteras, Senior Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo Simulation Animation