Temporary Banner Requirements
Any business may display a temporary banner to advertise a grand opening, sale, or other special event, with approval of a temporary banner permit. A banner permit may be issued for 30, 60, or 90 days. Banners must comply with the following requirements:
- A business may display a banner for a maximum of 90 days in any 12-month period.
- New effective 10/24/13! - A new business may display a banner for 60 additional days (150 days total) within 12 months after opening or changing owners. A 30-day waiting period is required between the initial 90 days and 60 additional days.
- No more than one banner per business may be displayed at a time.
- The maximum banner size is 45 square feet.
- The banner must be securely attached to the face of the building.
- The banner may not be installed on the roof and may not extend above the parapet of the building.
- The banner must be made of non-reflective, non-metallic material.
- The banner may not be used as a substitute for a permanent business sign; the banner may only be used to announce a grand opening, special event, seasonal activity, or sale.
Temporary Banner Permit Application
Download temporary banner permit application (pdf document may be filled out on your computer and printed; you will not be able to save the filled-out document)
Banner applications must be submitted in person at the Planning Department office. Mailed or faxed applications are not accepted. A $45.00 application fee is due when the application is submitted. Applications are approved over the counter.