The web address for the Glendora Public Library is www.glendoralibrary.org. The Glendora Public Library offers free Wireless access to the Internet.
Connecting your computer to the Glendora Public Library wireless network
If your computer does not have wireless network support built in, plug your network adapter into your USB port or insert the network adapter into an empty PC card slot. Windows XP will automatically detect the new adapter, and may prompt you to insert the CD that came with your adapter. The on-screen instructions will guide you through the configuration process.
Note: The steps below only apply if you're using Windows XP Service Pack 2.
Windows XP should show an icon with a notification that says it has found a wireless network.
Follow these steps to connect your computer to your wireless network:
- Right-click the wireless network icon in the lower-right corner of your screen, and then click View Available Wireless Networks. If you run into any problems, consult the documentation that came with your network adapter. Don't be afraid to call their tech support.
- The Wireless Network Connection window should appear and you should see your wireless network listed with the network name you chose. If you don't see your network, click Refresh network list in the upper-left corner. Click your network, and then click Connect in the lower-right corner.
- Windows XP will show its progress as it connects to your network. After you're connected, you can now close the Wireless Network Connection window. You're done.
Note: The Glendora Library does not use an encryption key; Windows will ask you if you would like to connect to the network anyway, answer YES
Laptops Available for Checkout
We now offer laptops at the Copy Center to check out for in-house use. The laptops are Dell with the Windows 7 (Home Premium edition) operating system. They have wireless printing capability and prints can be picked up at the Copy Center.
- Adult patrons, 18 years of age and older.
- Must have a valid Glendora Public Library account free of blocks
- Valid photo I.D. must be used to check out laptop
- Laptop users must sign the Borrower Responsibility Agreement or have one on file
- In-house library use only
- Available on a first-come, first serve basis (no reservations)
- 1 hour loan period – NO EXCEPTIONS
- Only 1 session each day (no renewals)
- Laptop must be returned to the Copy Center when finished or time has expired
- Laptops should never be left unattended
- All stored data will be lost as soon as the computer is rebooted
- There is to be NO FOOD OR DRINK near the laptops.