Library Study Rooms (Main floor)
- Sign-ups are made at the front Circulation Desk on a first-come, first-served basis. No reservations.
- Library card or picture I.D. needed for study room sign-ups (Student I.D. is acceptable.)
- In-person signups only. No sign-ups will be taken over the phone or by e-mail.
- Two-hour time limit per group.
- Rooms must be vacated 30 minutes before the library closes.
- Groups of 2-6 people may use rooms.
- Rooms are not sound proof--no music or loud voices.
- Food allowed includes: beverages in closed containers and small snacks.
- Rooms vacant for longer than 15 minutes will result in the group forfeiting their reservation.
- Doors are to remain closed; library staff will initially unlock the doors for your group.
- Study rooms will be monitored; library staff has the authority to expel groups using the study rooms inappropriately.
- Abuse of study rooms or the rules governing their use may result in loss of library privileges.
- Library Policy 2.10: Food and Drink in Library:
- ALLOWED: beverages in covered containers (cans, cups with top, bottled water, etc.); small snacks such as candy, cookies, crackers, nuts, chips;
- NOT ALLOWED: open drinks, alcohol, ice cream/yogurt, restaurant food, sandwiches, anything requiring a utensil to eat (salad, yogurt, etc);
- Use of a study room by a group of children nine years old or younger requires adult supervision at all times in accordance with Library Administrative Policy 4.08 "Use of Facilities and Resources by Minors."
- Study room users are expected to adhere to all library policies including Admin. Policy 4.09 "Appropriate Library Behavior" which states "No disruptive behavior shall be allowed in the library; illegal activities are not permitted."
Violators will be asked to leave the library and may lose library privileges.